Visitation Catholic School is committed to shaping the intellectual, spiritual, moral, psychological, emotional, and physical growth of our students. We prepare students for high school and beyond. Tuition alone does not provide the revenue needed to operate our school. The cost of educating one child is over $6,000, and the tuition that our families can afford covers less than half that cost.
The difference must come from other sources – fundraising is a vitally important component of keeping Visitation able to fulfill its mission in the community. Please help!
You can invest in a child at Vis right now, just
Our fundraising efforts include:
- Annual Appeal – Cherish the Past: Endow the Future
- Mandatory Raffle Ticket sale in November for School Parents
- Annual Newsletter
- Spring Candy Sale
- Other Smaller Fundraisers
- Collect Box Tops for Education
Annual Fund Appeal
In the Fall of 2001 Visitation Catholic School began a new venture, an Annual Fund Appeal. With some of the monies from this appeal we plan to begin an endowment to ensure the future of Visitation School. Does your company give matching gifts?
To contribute to the Annual Fund, send a check to:
“Cherish the Past: Endow the Future”
Visitation Catholic School
900 West Garfield Boulevard
Chicago Illinois 60609-6165
For more information, call Sister Diane Boutet, O.P. at 773-373-5200 or Email at email@example.com
Can you connect us with alums or other interested persons who have the means to help us?
Call Sister Diane Boutet, O.P. at 773-373-5200 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Endowment Fund keeps Visitation Catholic School vital and financially sound into the future.
Are you able to make a donation to the Endowment Fund and give Vis a strong future?
Contact Sr. Diane Boutet, O.P. 773-373-5200 or Email at email@example.com.
Have you thought about including Visitation Catholic School in your will? A bequest of any size (designated or undesignated) helps us in our mission of education. We accept cash, stock, annuities and matching gifts.
Wording of a bequest should be as follows: “I give to the Catholic Bishop of Chicago, a corporation sole, _____ (a specific amount or percentage of the residue of the estate) for the use and benefit of Visitation Catholic School.”
Visitation Catholic School offers many scholarships to our students. Among them are:
- Our Lady of the Visitation Scholarship
- Dante Chambers Memorial Scholarship
- Mary-Durkin Family Memorial Scholarship
- Audrey and Louis Munin Family Scholarship
- Frances and Howard Boutet Memorial Scholarship
- Reva L. Myers Memorial Scholarship
- Elizabeth Aldritch Memorial Scholarship
- Scholarships available through the Big Shoulders Foundation
- Partial or total scholarships supported by individuals or couples for one student
If you would like to contribute to a scholarship or begin a scholarship in memory of someone you love, please contact Sister Diane Boutet, O.P., at 773-373-5200 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you be interested in sharing your talents and volunteering some time at Visitation? There are many opportunities to be of help in our school. These include:
- One-on-one tutoring
- Assisting with one-time projects (e.g., mailings, organizing, etc.)
- Helping with our Christmas Craft Sale (e.g., making and donating items, selling crafts at the sale, etc.)
- Working with one-time maintenance projects
- Gathering or updating names and addresses of alums
Please call Sr. Diane Boutet, O.P., at 773-373-5200 or Email at email@example.com.